A beautiful winter warmer and one the whole family will enjoy.
|140g split red lentil, washed & drained||1 ½ tbsp. Coriander Leaves, chopped|
|2 Brown Onions, sliced||2 Tomatoes|
|1/3rd Cup Ghee||Salt|
Ingredients (Curry Paste):
|1 ½ Tbsp. Chopped Ginger||1 ½ Tbsp. Chopped Garlic|
|1 1/2 tbsp. Cumin Seeds lightly toasted||5 Long Red Chillies|
|1 ½ tbsp. Coriander Seeds, toasted||2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
- Soak the lentils in 500ml water for 15 minutes. The transfer the water and lentils to a pot and bring to a boil on medium to high heat. Cook for a further for 8-10 minutes or until lentils are soft but still hold their shape. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Get a frying pan on high heat and add the Ghee, Onions & Tomato. Cook for around 8-10 minutes (stirring frequently) or until onions are golden. Remove pan from heat.
- To make the paste, add all the ingredients to a mortar & pestle and pound until it forms a paste.
- Add the paste and onion mixture to the pot of lentils and continue cooking until it is soft and thickened (about 4-5 minutes). Season curry to taste.
- Serve hot and garnished with Coriander leaves.
- Serve the soup in small bowls with a nice dollop of salsa in the middle. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
- Serves 6-8.