This delicious vegan curry recipe is perfect for the Spring season but can be enjoyed year round really! All ingredients available at Greenline Organic.
For the paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 tsp fresh or dried chilli, to taste
- 9 garlic cloves (approx 1 small bulb of garlic)
- Small piece ginger, peeled
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp tomato purée (Passata)
For the curry
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g coconut cream
- Small handful of fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 100g baby spinach
- To make the paste, heat a little of the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and chilli, and cook until softened, about 8 mins. Meanwhile, in a food processor, roughly combine the garlic, ginger and remaining oil, then add the spices, tomato purée, 1/2 tsp salt and the fried onion. Blend to a smooth paste – add a drop of water or more oil, if needed.
- Cook the paste in a medium saucepan for 2 mins over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick. Tip in the chickpeas and chopped tomatoes, and simmer for 5 mins until reduced down. Add the coconut with a little water, cook for 5 mins more, then add the coriander and spinach, and cook until wilted. Garnish with extra coriander and serve with rice.